The International Nuremberg Principles Academy (Nuremberg Academy) is a non-profit foundation dedicated to the promotion of international criminal law and human rights. It was established by the Federal Republic of Germany, the Free State of Bavaria, and the City of Nuremberg in 2014.
The Nuremberg Academy is located in Nuremberg, the birthplace of modern international criminal law. Conscious of this historic heritage, the Nuremberg Academy supports the fight against impunity for universally recognized core international crimes: genocide, crimes against humanity, war crimes, and the crime of aggression. Its main fields of activity include providing a forum for dialogue by convening conferences and expert meetings, conducting interdisciplinary and applied research, engaging in specialized capacity building for practitioners of international criminal law, and human rights education. Dedicated to supporting the worldwide application of international criminal law, the Nuremberg Academy promotes the Nuremberg Principles and the rule of law with a vision of sustainable peace through justice, furthering knowledge, and building capacities of those involved in the judicial process in relation to these crimes.
The Nuremberg Academy is seeking full-time communications interns to support its international team working on international criminal law and human rights law projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
During the 3-month internship, selected communications interns will assist the Nuremberg Academy’s team with work on publications, public relations and communications materials, press and media monitoring, organization of events as well as other administrative duties.
- Undergraduate or postgraduate degree in communications or media studies, applied languages, social sciences, or a related field.
- Demonstrated interest in the area of work and activities of the Nuremberg Academy.
- Excellent written and spoken professional proficiency in English is required. Knowledge of other languages (especially German and French) would be an asset.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and analytical skills.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, communication skills, and strong teamwork skills.
- Good standard of computer skills (including Microsoft Office applications and social media).
Communications interns receive an internship compensation based on their weekly hours.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application for a Communications Internship”.
Please indicate your desired start date and the time period of your availability in your application.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Head of Administration
Phone: +49 (0) 911 – 231 23973