Director Klaus Rackwitz and the President of the Advisory Council of the Nuremberg Academy, Navi Pillay, will take part in the webinar “The Age of Robert H. Jackson – London, Nuremberg, Today” organized by the Robert H. Jackson Center on 8 August 2020. The Nuremberg Academy is one of the program partners of the event.
This global event marks the seventy-fifth anniversary of the signing of the London Charter and Agreement and the establishment of the International Military Tribunal at Nuremberg. The webinar will commemorate these events and the panelists in New York, London, and Nuremberg will discuss how the legacy of Robert H. Jackson and the Nuremberg Trials live in the world today.
The webinar will take place on Saturday, 8 August 2020 (3 p.m. CEST, 2 p.m. GMT, 9 a.m. US EDT).
Preregistration is required. You will receive a Zoom link to the webinar once you have registered. The webinar will be offered in English only and will be recorded.
Agenda and Panels:
- Welcome by Kristan McMahon, President, Robert H. Jackson Center
- Moderator: Michael Scharf, Dean, Case Western Reserve University School of Law
- Greetings from Ben Ferencz, last living podium prosecutor at Nuremberg
- Historical overview of Robert H. Jackson’s life: John Barrett, Professor of Law, St. John’s University, and Elizabeth S. Lenna, Fellow, Robert H. Jackson Center
Robert H. Jackson Center:
- David Crane, Founding Chief Prosecutor, Special Court for Sierra Leone
- James Johnson, Prosecutor, Residual Special Court for Sierra Leone
- Leila Sadat, Director, Whitney R. Harris World Law Institute, James Carr Professor of International Criminal Law, and Special Adviser on Crimes Against Humanity to the ICC Prosecutor
- Andrew Cayley CMG QC, Director Service Prosecutions, Chief Military Prosecutor British Armed Forces
- Mark Ellis, Executive Director, International Bar Association
- Bill Schabas OC MRIA, Professor of International Law, Middlesex University and Professor of International Criminal Law and Human rights, Leiden University
- Henrike Claussen, Director, Memorium Nuremberg Trials
- Navi Pillay, President of the Advisory Council, International Nuremberg Principles Academy
- Klaus Rackwitz, Director, International Nuremberg Principles Academy