The Nuremberg Academy held a special online event in honour of and with live participation of Benjamin ‘Ben’ Ferencz on his 101st birthday on 11 March 2021. Deputy Director Dr. Viviane Dittrich moderated the event.
Chosen photo impressions and video clips of Ben Ferencz, featuring a conversation between Ben Ferencz and Dr. Viviane Dittrich that had been specially recorded for this event, were presented.
Selected invitees shared their personal reflections and birthday wishes:
- Dr. Navi Pillay, former UN High Commissioner for Human Rights and President of the Advisory Council of the Nuremberg Academy
- Ambassador Christian Wenaweser, Permanent Representative of the Principality of Liechtenstein to the United Nations
- Fatou Bensouda, Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court
- Professor Claus Kreß, Director of the Institute for International Peace and Security Law at the Universität zu Köln
- Elisabeth Kaul, close friend of the Ferencz family
- Klaus Rackwitz, Director of the International Nuremberg Principles Academy
- Dr. Viviane Dittrich, Deputy Director of the International Nuremberg Principles Academy (Moderator)
Click here to watch the video recording of the event.