The Anglophone edition of the Nuremberg Summer Academy for Young Professionals was held online from 1 to 12 August 2022.
Admission to the Nuremberg Summer Academy is competitive. Participants are carefully selected among a pool of several hundred applicants, with a special focus on young professionals from conflict and post-conflict countries. Guided by leading international experts and practitioners, the young professionals gained practical knowledge on the investigation, prosecution and adjudication of core international crimes.
The intensive two-week program was divided into two parts: (1) daily guided self- study time; and (2) live sessions, followed by interactive group discussions. The self-study time and the live sessions provided both an academic and practical perspective of international criminal law, while group discussions strengthened the learned skills in practical assignments.
- Introduction to International Criminal Law
- International Crimes (incl. Sexual and Gender-Based Violence)
- Modes of Liability in International Criminal Law
- Current Challenges of International Criminal Justice
- Procedure at the International Criminal Court
- International Cooperation
- Prosecution of International Crimes Before National Courts
- Investigations of Core International Crimes
- Prosecutorial Strategy
- Victims' Rights in International Criminal Law
For more information please check here.