The International Nuremberg Principles Academy held the live online launch of the third volume of the Nuremberg Academy Series, an anthology entitled The Tokyo Tribunal: Perspectives on Law, History and Memory edited by Viviane E. Dittrich, Kerstin von Lingen, Philipp Osten and Jolana Makraiová on 30 October 2020.
Following the book launch and presentation of the edited volume by the co-editors, the panel discussion focused, inter alia, on contemporary perspectives on law and history and the appreciation of the Tokyo Tribunal in Japan and internationally, as well as the ongoing significance of the Nuremberg and Tokyo Tribunals and accountability for international crimes.
Speakers of the event:
- Professor Kerstin von Lingen, Universität Wien
- Professor Philipp Osten, Keio University
- Professor Gerry Simpson, London School of Economics and Political Science
- Professor Yuma Totani, University of Hawaii
- Dr. Viviane Dittrich, International Nuremberg Principles Academy
- Jolana Makraiová, International Nuremberg Principles Academy
The event was recorded and will shortly be available on the Nuremberg Academy Youtube channel.
You can download the e-book version of the book on the Nuremberg Academy website and order the print version of the book via the TOAEP website or online book sellers such as Amazon directly.
The book contains chapters by the editors, Gerry Simpson, David M. Crowe, Diane Orentlicher, Diane Marie Amann, Kayoko Takeda, Yuma Totani, Robert Cribb, Donald M. Ferencz, Marina Aksenova, David Cohen, Narrelle Morris, Beatrice Trefalt, Sandra Wilson, Franziska Seraphim, Kuniko Ozaki and Christoph Safferling, in that order.