The International Nuremberg Principles Academy is pleased to announce and invite you to the launch of the third volume of the Nuremberg Academy Series, an anthology entitled The Tokyo Tribunal: Perspectives on Law, History and Memory edited by Viviane E. Dittrich, Kerstin von Lingen, Philipp Osten and Jolana Makraiová.
Join us for this online live event:
30 October 2020, 10 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. CET
Register here in advance to receive the link and ID number for the Zoom webinar:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Following the book launch and presentation of the edited volume by the co-editors, the panel discussion will focus, inter alia, on contemporary perspectives on law and history and the appreciation of the Tokyo Tribunal in Japan and internationally, as well as the ongoing significance of the Nuremberg and Tokyo Tribunals and accountability for international crimes.
Confirmed speakers of the event:
- Professor Kerstin von Lingen, Universität Wien
- Professor Philipp Osten, Keio University
- Professor Gerry Simpson, London School of Economics and Political Science
- Professor Yuma Totani, University of Hawaii
- Dr. Viviane Dittrich, International Nuremberg Principles Academy
- Jolana Makraiová, International Nuremberg Principles Academy
The event will be recorded and made available on the Nuremberg Academy Youtube channel afterwards.
As of 27 October, you can download the e-book version of the book on the Nuremberg Academy website and order the print version of the book via the TOAEP website or online book sellers such as Amazon directly.